Building a governed data lake with the Zaloni Data Platform for Azure
Together, the Zaloni Data Platform (ZDP) and Azure enable a governed data lake while leveraging the agility, scalability and cost effectiveness of cloud. The Zaloni Data Platform (ZDP) is a comprehensive, integrated data management and governance platform that operationalizes data processes along the entire pipeline from data source to data consumer to meet the needs of specific use cases.
Zaloni’s Integrated Data Platform
The Zaloni Data Platform (ZDP) sits above your storage and compute layers to manage and govern the data, wherever it resides in your environment, providing consistency across cloud or hybrid environments. ZDP provides self-service capabilities for your business users and can feed any BI or visualization tool in your library.
When you use Zaloni and Azure together, you get a unified solution that provides centralized, consistent data management and governance of all of your data across platforms and systems, in cloud or hybrid environments. The complete solution provides the following benefits:
- Agile data lake deployment using native Azure components
- A unified platform for everyone who touches the data
- Central management of all enterprise data sources regardless of location: cloud or hybrid
- Cataloging and metadata management to ensure appropriate governance of data including lineage, masking, tokenization, data quality and lifecycle management
- Automation of repeatable management tasks and processes
- Reduction in total cost of ownership across infrastructure, data, and labor
Azure Data Lake Platform Components
The following diagram shows the Zaloni and Azure components found in each layer of your data lake from ingestion to consumption.